Secret Flancer’s Recipe – Revealed!
Cooler October days and nights are the perfect time to try new soups and stews. At Flancer’s we’re always cooking up new specials.
On occasion Flancer’s shares their most requested soup/stew recipes and here is one of them.
Green Chile Pork Stew
Pork Diced in 1″ pieces ~ 1lb. 8 oz
Veg oil ~ 3-1/2 Tsp
Yellow onion ~ 2-1/2 oz
Fresh chopped Garlic ~ 1/2 oz
Dried Oregano ~ 1/2 oz
Cumin~ 1/2 oz
Red Chile Powder – hot ~ 1/2 oz
Salt ~ 1/2 oz
Crushed red pepper flake ~ 1 Tsp
Black pepper ~ 1/2 tsp
Bay leaf powder ~ 1/4 Tsp
Pizza sauce ~ 1/3 Cup
Red potato ~ 12 oz
Green chile ~ 12 oz
Vegetable soup base ~ 1-1/4 oz
Canned Pinto Beans ~ 2 Cups
Cornstarch ~ 1 1/4 oz
Water ~ 1/3 Cup
Fresh Cilantro ~ .3 – Each
Water ~ 7-1/8 Cup
1. Dice port to 3/4″. Remove fat wherever possible.
2. Heat a large stock pot, place the oil and sear the meat for apprx. 10 minutes till brown.
3. Add the onions and garlic and cook for 5 min more.
4. Add all the spices and pizza sauce and stir well, cook for 5 min.
5. Add the stock and bring to a boil then simmer for 1 hour.
6. Add the potatoes, green chiles with the juice. Bring back to a boil and let simmer for 20 min. until the potatoes are tender.
7. Add the drained pinto beans, return to simmer/boil.
8. Add the cornstarch mixture and return to a simmer/boil for 2 min.
9. Remove from the heat and add the cilantro